Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Our Contact Information is:
2358 University Ave #778
San Diego, California, USA, 92104
- What information we collect and why we collect it
- How we use that information
- How we protect your personal information
Information we collect
Your personal information is collected when you use our service.
Information you give us:
- Personal information. You must provide a valid email address and date of birth when creating an account.
- Payment information is collected if you subscribe to a premium plan
- Additional information (such as location, description, interests, preferences, photos, links, events and travel plans) is collected to complete your profile to help other users find and connect with you.
- Mobile phone and/or Kik username are collected if you subscribe to these options
- Messages that you send to other users are stored on our servers
Information we get from your use of our service:
- The time of last authentication and number of times you sign in
- IP address and time of current and last sign in to help keep your account secure
- Tracking information about profiles, photos, links, messages, and events you view
- Notification information (i.e., seen vs. unseen content) and delivery status
- Activity information (i.e., active vs. inactive time online)
- Generic server log information
Use of information
We use your information to operate, protect, maintain and improve our service.
- Except as described below, personal information including: email address, mobile phone, Kik username, IP address, and date of birth will never be shared with others unless we are legally required to do so.
- Contact information you provide, including: email address, mobile phone and/or Kik username will be used to send notifications if you subscribe
- Contact information will be shared with our communications partner (SendinBlue SAS) solely for the purpose of delivering notifications you subscribe to
- You can unsubscribe at any time through Account settings, by clicking the unsubscribe link in any email, or texting STOP in response to any SMS/Kik message
- Contact and payment information, if applicable, will be shared via secure connection with our payment-processing partners (Stripe, Inc.) solely for the purpose of settling your payment(s).
- Contact information will be shared with our customer service partner (Zendesk, Inc.) if you use our "Contact Support" tool.
- Other users of the service have access to information and photos you post to your profile, as well as the content of messages you send them.
- Location information is collected on your profile, events and travel plans (if applicable), and stored in a form that allows us to calculate distances between users.
- Location information is shared with our processed using our geocoding partner (Google, Inc.) solely for the purpose of obtaining place names and coordinates.
- We will only disclose to other users distances greater than or equal to 1 mile or 1 kilometer, and the nearest city or region name.
- You can make photos private. Other users can’t see these photos unless you specifically unlock them for that user.
- You may block a user at any time. A blocked user can’t see your profile or photos. Blocking also deletes the entire conversation history between you and the blocked user.
- We can not prevent users from saving content (e.g. taking screenshots), or downloading photos while they have access. Please be careful whom you share your content with.
- Messages are stored on our server to maintain your conversation history. We track when you view incoming messages to determine if they have been read or not, and to tell the sender when you have read a message.
- Tracking information allows you to see who has viewed your profile, photos, links, and events, and, in turn, allows other users to see when you’ve viewed theirs.
- If you do not wish to share your viewing activity with other users you have the option to hide it, either on a one-time or permanent basis.
- You have the option to use our "Privacy Mode" to disable all tracking.
- Notification information is used to inform you of fresh content and may be delivered by the web site, mobile app(s), email, mobile phone, and/or Kik.
- Your most recent authentication time is tracked to determine which users are currently online.
- We use tracking and activity information in an aggregate form (e.g. to determine popular and trending profiles, etc.)
Secure web site cookies
- We use encrypted cookies to identify you as a logged in user.
- If you use the "Remember me" option cookies are retained for 2 weeks, allowing you to access the site without logging in again. Otherwise cookies are destroyed as soon as you close your web browser.
- We do not share cookie information with anyone or use it for marketing/referral purposes.
Review and removal of information
- We offer a "Privacy Dashboard" where you may obtain details about your personal information or remove it at any time.
- If you delete your account, all personal information is automatically removed within 30 days.
- Server logs are retained temporarily for maintenance purposes, and purged every 14 days.
Protection of information
- Message content and raw location data is encrypted before entering our databases so that it can not be read by unauthorized persons.
- We will not to sell, share or otherwise disseminate any personal information, except in the situations described above.
- We do not partner or use any 3rd party ad services or content delivering services.
- With respect to security, we use industry standard technologies, when transferring and receiving data from users on our website.
- Our servers and databases are located in Canada.